The Respite Provider provides a break to caregivers (parents, grandparents, foster parents) of children with challenging behaviors. Families receive up to 10 hours per month of respite care for each child. Workers may have more than one child.
- Provide in-home or community based activities to child or youth
- Be a positive role model at all times
- Professional, reliable
- Must love children and be patient
- Reliable transportation, proof of insurance and valid California Driver’s License
- Able to attend trainings as required
- Able to work weekends
- Interest or education in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or Special Education
- Education or experience working with special needs children and their families
- Knowledge and comfort working with children with mental health, emotional and behavioral disorders
- Bilingual a plus
Compensation: $11.00 per hour following training
We are willing to train the right person.
A background as well as personal and professional references check required before hiring.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest explaining your interest and experience working with a child with mental health, emotional or behavior disorders as well as an employment resume complete with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references. Email letter of interest and resume to Lori Litel: firstname.lastname@example.org.