Now Hiring: 1 part-time Parent Partner position
A Parent Partner is a parent, grandparent, or other relative caregiver who has experience raising a child who has been involved in the mental health, special education, juvenile justice, and/or child welfare systems. Parent Partners offer help and hope to other families by providing in-home support, education, resources, and advocacy. Parent Partners are trained, supervised and work closely with Ventura County Behavioral Health clinicians. You must have personal experience raising a child and navigating the social service systems to be considered.
- Work with Ventura County Behavioral Health Clinicians toward treatment goals
- Provide home based support, education,
- Willingness to learn and work within agency and systems’ protocols
- Complete process notes as required
- Model behavior and techniques families can learn from
- Identify family strengths and build on those
- Identify and link families to appropriate community resources
- Help strengthen family dynamics and create a safety plan
- Personal involvement and success with mental health, juvenile justice, special education and/or child welfare systems
- Knowledge of mental health, juvenile justice, special education, and child welfare systems and local community resources
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and economic diversity
- Able to communicate professionally with clinicians, school staff and community members
- Able to meet all deadlines
- Flexible schedule
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Outlook
- Bilingual a plus
Hiring is contingent upon background and personal and professional references check.
Compensation: Starting salary up to $13.50 an hour
To Apply: Submit letter of interest explaining your personal experience raising a child with mental health, emotional or behavior disorders and the systems and resources you have worked with as well as an employment resume complete with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional and/or personal references to Ellen Linder, United Parents, 391 S. Dawson Drive, Ste.1A, Camarillo, CA 93012, email to email@example.com.