United Parents is a nonprofit organization that supports families who have children with mental health, behavioral, or emotional disorders. We have worked with families and special needs children in Ventura County for over 22 years.
Our Respite Care Program provides ‘Chill Time’ to caregivers (parents, grandparents, foster parents) of children with challenging behaviors. Our workers play games, take trips to the library or park, or just hang out with a youth that needs a special friend. You build trust, skills and friendship – all of which pave a successful path for this youth’s future.
- ABLE to serve all of Ventura County including Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Santa Paula, Fillmore and Piru
- Love of Children
- Good sense of humor
- Willing to learn
- Willing to be a positive role model
- Professional, Reliable
- Committed to being a long term mentor
- Ability to manage time well
- Good driving record, insurance, & reliable transportation
- Back ground checks required
- Interest or Education in Social Work, Education, or Special Education
- Bilingual a plus
We are willing to train the right person!
Most hours are after 5 PM & during the weekends
$10-$12 pay range
Submit a letter of interest and resume complete with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Aschwartz@unitedparents.org